license not authorized for use

04-13-2016 06:59 AM
DeniseDemone2
New Contributor

This problem has been plaguing me intermittently for years. I have a VS2010 project using EDN Map & TOC controls that 'sometimes' shows an error saying the license is not authorized for use, even though it is. The funny thing is, the error message doesn't indicate which control it's having issue with:

I check the Administrator and everything is licensed properly. Sometimes I can get it to go away with a series of clean's/rebuilds. When the license actually ISN'T Authorized, it will say 'MapControl is not authorized..'.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix it permanently? I've had several clean installs since this first started and it keeps coming back. So frustrating..

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

It would help to know which version of ArcGIS you are using...what level, concurrent or single-user, and when the error is popping up.

Adding ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support​   and a higher level in the  Developers​  hierarchy  to get more exposure.  Even though this isn't specifically an install issues, license issues/errors are usually more closely monitored there.

Also, tagging V Stuart Foote​  and Curtis Price​  in case they have some insite.

0 Kudos