AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help on Vector Tile tools is incorrect

Question asked by dougbrowning on Apr 12, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2017 by yann.deschenes

The help for the Vector Tile tools is wrong.  This code from the help does not work.  It keeps saying the value type for in_map is wrong.

Create Vector Tile Package—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS for Desktop

p = arcpy.mp.ArcGISProject("c:\\temp\\myproject.aprx")

for m in p.listMaps():

print("Packaging" + m.name)

arcpy.CreateVectorTilePackage_management(m, m.name + '.vtpk', "INDEXED", 295828763.795777, 1128.497176)

It just has "Map" for the in_map when copied from the python snippet but that of course does not work in script. I have yet to find anything it likes.  Any hints?

arcpy.management.CreateVectorTilePackage("Map", r"C:\Vector\Settings.vtpk", "ONLINE", None, "INDEXED", 295828763.795778, 564.248588, r"C:\Vector\SettingsIndex.shp", None, None)

The tool to create the vector index will also not accept in_map.  Its help has a sample from some other tool??

Create Vector Tile Index—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS for Desktop

The following Python window script demonstrates how to use the CreateVectorTileIndex tool in immediate mode.

import arcpy from arcpy 
import env
env.workspace = "C:/data/cartography.gdb/transportation"
arcpy.CreateIndexTiles_cartography("CURRENT", "tiles", 10000)

Also when copying the snippet from Pro it has another parameter with the value ONLINE that does not exist in the help.

#arcpy.management.CreateVectorTileIndex("Map", r"C:\Vector\SettingsIndex.shp", "ONLINE", None, 10000)

Please let me know the correct params or point me to help files that are correct.

Thanks

Outcomes