How to share basemap with internal users

04-11-2016 10:07 AM
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III

So I have made a basemap map and save it out as a mapx in my project folder.  It shows up in my Basemap dropdown in the Map tab of the ribbon.  I can close this basemap and it stays in the basemap dropdown.   I want other projects to be able to use it without importing the mapx.  I also want to share with other users in my organization.  I don't want to publish it with server (even internally for various reasons such as maintenance, source is external, accessibility, language, toponymic standards.)  Basically I want to take some arcgis online services, strip out the labelling, change the projection and use the new basemap as a background for data editing purposes with ArcGIS Pro.  I can make a layer file (lyr or lyrx) but seems like an ArcMap way of doing it and also doesn't show up in the basemap dropdown,  I then also have to share by putting the file in a network directory.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

So you have ruled out the arcmap options listed here About packaging and sharing data—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop  and a template is not appropriate? or a distributed .aprx?

0 Kudos