Print Plus exclude layers from legend in layout

04-11-2016 09:44 AM
CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

The print plus widget is great, love the print frame settings but it seems to have different behavior handling legends than other print services. When print plus is deployed in an app based on a web map with a particular layer hidden from legend, it still appears in the print output. Indeed, legend does not show layer in the web map or the legend widget in the app, only in the print export. This does not happen with the stock ExportWebMapTask service from desktop to server, or in the default print service from ESRI. Could the code be modified to match the other print services legend properties? Thanks, cob

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MattJunker
New Contributor II

I also have an issue with a layer that is hidden from the legend in the webmap showing up on a custom print layout when using the Print Plus widget. In my case, the layer is an imagery layer, and the legend shows the Red/Green/Blue components of that layer. Any insight to a solution would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey3

The setting in the webmap (hide in legend) doesn't seem to have any effect on the print plus output. If you can manipulate the display style of the raster in some way in the web map, that seems to eliminate it from the PP legend. In my experience this persists even when the layer is changed back to the original style. Good luck! cob

0 Kudos
MattJunker
New Contributor II

Charles,

In my webmap, I do not have the option to change the display style, other

than transparency or visibility range. Do I need to change the way the

service is published to ArcGIS Server? WCS capability? Thank you for the

information.

Matt

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey3

Maybe if you just published it as an item in AGOL - to test you could publish a single band from the image and change the style in the web map viewer TOC, then see if it shows up in the legend. I haven't worked much with rasters in PP (other than basemaps) but they generally don't show up if you use a raster layer from AGOL or a tpk from your desktop. Sorry I can't be more help - cob

0 Kudos