Selective labeling on selection criteria.

Jump to solution
04-12-2016 05:33 AM
TerryMergl
New Contributor III

Good morning.

I consider myself a noob still with ArcGIS (but I love it).  We currently use 10.2.2 for desktop.  I have a simple project that includes displaying our county census blocks.  What I am curious about doing is turning on the labels just for specific census blocks that meet some search criteria?

Thanks
Terry

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Terry,

You can certainly do this. You can query out what you want to see in the labels. In the layer's properties, click on the Labels tab, check the box to show labels, under method, drop the arrow down to show "define classes of features and label each class differently". Here you can modify the SQL Query to just show what you want to show.

Also check out

Using label classes to label features from the same layer differently—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Terry,

You can certainly do this. You can query out what you want to see in the labels. In the layer's properties, click on the Labels tab, check the box to show labels, under method, drop the arrow down to show "define classes of features and label each class differently". Here you can modify the SQL Query to just show what you want to show.

Also check out

Using label classes to label features from the same layer differently—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop