Exporting back to PDF

03-31-2016 11:43 AM
JaromHlebasko
Occasional Contributor III

Does anyone know if there is a way to export out a survey as a PDF to save the results as a hard copy document rather a CSV, shapefile, or Geodatabase?

Tags (1)
18 Replies
GaryBowles1

take a look at this and see if it is any help to you. we are playing around with this now.

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1
0 Kudos
HannahFerrier

Hi Jarom,

There is nothing in Survey123 at the moment that can create and export your completed survey as a PDF, although you may have seen a demo from the Developer Summit that showed the ability for Survey123 send surveys to Bluetooth receipt printers...

We do have this feature in our backlog, so if it is essential to your projects to export surveys to PDF, please let us know in the comments!

- Hannah

Joseph_Kinyon
Occasional Contributor II

Jarom,

You might find a workflow using the techniques found in this discussion that uses a macro to push the values into an FDF which you use to autocomplete a PDF template and before saving a final PDF.

Auto-export worksheet to form fillable PDF using a macro button? - Page 2 http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185638&page=2

Hope that helps.

Joe

0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi Hannah

I have a customer that would like this functionality as well

Grant Crosswell

Thanks

John P

StefanCahill
New Contributor

Hanna,

Did you guys get anywhere with this? The company I work for just purchased a 50 user block for a project which we hoped to implement both Collector and Survey123. One of the assumptions I made was that an export to PDF function would be available. We have used similar form centric software, ProntoForms, which had this capability. I understand it is in ESRIs back log to create this function. Do you know when this might happen? Is there any type of work around that would work in the meantime? Any information would help.

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. This feature is still in our backlog. Technically, we will be able to work on this feature once we ship AppStudio for ArcGIS 1.3, which is scheduled to ship around October 2016.  Once AppStudio for ArcGIS is shipping, we will need to get to schedule this feature within Survey123 for ArcGIS.  My recommendation is that in addition to this note in GeoNet, you log an Enhancement Request through Esri Technical Support, so we can have your customer number associated with the enhancement.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I came up with a way using Data Driven pages.  See the post here.  https://community.esri.com/message/572435#572435 

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

This was over a year ago ichivite-esristaff‌ does this work now? 

0 Kudos