ConvertWebMapToMapDocument result has slow export time

03-31-2016 05:52 AM
JohnFreels
New Contributor

I'm utilizing the convenience function ConvertWebMapToMapDocument to create the layout I need for an export in a GP task.  The creation of the MapDocument object takes ~10 seconds but when I pass the result to arcpy.mapping.ExportToPDF, the export takes over 2 minutes.  While I understand it could be the WMS or template MXD which could cause this slowdown, I've tested utilizing the template MXD with the WMS as a layer doing the same geographic area exported and the export takes about 15 seconds. 

Also tried saving the result from ConvertWebMapToMapDocument as an MXD on my local system and the export still takes longer than 2 minutes.  Any help would be much appreciated. 

The template I'm utilizing was created in ArcMap 10.2.2, export is performed in Desktop as well as Server.  The WMS in my current sample is the SampleWorldCities installed with ArcGIS Server 10.2.  Also reproduced these same results in Server 10.3. 

My current "fix" is setting the layer states and extent within my MXD and exporting. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies