Click on label in LabelClass to open InfoWindow

03-30-2016 01:27 PM
RichardWinkelbauer
New Contributor II

I am using the LabelClass in an application.  I would like to be able to click on the labels themselves and open the popup for the feature layer the labels are labeling.  I just can't figure out how to pass through the event.  In the image below.   I have a light grey circle for the features.  When I click on the circle symbol away from the text the popup opens as expected.   When I click on the text there is no InfoWindow popup.  Ideally I would like the symbology to be transparent so you can click on the label text to open the InfoWindow.   Any ideas?

Rich

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Richard,

The labelClass labels are not connected to the actual features where they would register a click event and display the popup. I am not sure this can be done, popups are for the feature and not the label. I guess you could try and register a click event with the label and turn around and fire the features click event but that would assume you can get the feature associated with the label and actually get a event registered with the label.