hello, my name is Asaf and I recently installed ArcGis descktop 10, Every time I try to download a map package I get a message: invalid package> error reading package content. I'd be gratefull to hear from anyone how might know how to solve this problem
here are the steps I took to download and install the program:
ArcGIS for Desktop Student Trial software Instructions
A. Before you install ArcGIS for Desktop
- Check Esri’s system requirements to make sure your computer has the hardware and software required for the trial.
- If necessary, uninstall previous versions of ArcGIS Desktop or Server. The software cannot be installed on a computer that has a previous version of ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Server installed. It's OK if the computer has ArcGIS Explorer installed.
- If necessary, install the Microsoft .NET Framework (version 3.5 Service Pack 1 or higher).
B. Activate your authorization code
- Visit www.esri.com/educationedition to begin the process of activating and downloading your ArcGIS for Desktop Student Trial software.
- Log in using your Existing Esri Global Account, or Sign-up for a new Esri Global account, if necessary.
- Enter the authorization code EVAxxxxxxxx9 and click Activate ArcGIS.
- Click ArcGIS 10.0 for Desktop.
C. Download and install ArcGIS for Desktop Student Trial
- If you would like the software in a language other than English, select your preferred language.
- Click the link “a. Download ArcGIS Desktop 10.” You can also download the Tutorial data, if desired.
- If you are installing from an ISO image, locate and unzip the ArcGIS for Desktop ISO using 7-Zip.
- Locate and Run Setup.exe to install ArcGIS for Desktop. The “Complete” installation is recommended.
- After the files are installed, the Authorization Wizard will open and prompt you to choose a product to authorize; select “ArcGIS Desktop – ArcInfo (Single Use)” and click continue.
- The Authorization Wizard will prompt you for an authorization code; enter your activated code. Follow the prompts and the software will authorize and be ready for use. Note: leave the default option for the software extensions selected; they will be authorized automatically