ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 - The search window has disappeared

Jump to solution
03-30-2016 12:46 AM
SteeveEbener
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I am posting my issue here as I could not find another group where to post issues related to ArcGIs desktop.

I have recently installed version 10.4 on my computer and after opening ArcMap few times the search window has simply disappeared. Clicking on the icon or on Windows>Search does not make it come back.

I have tried several things including uninstalling and reinstalling, repairing, changing the name of the normal template (normal.mxt) to get a new one being created...nothing works..

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steeve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteeveEbener
New Contributor II

Hi Mayur,

Sorry to hear you are facing the same issue.

I had to re-install ArcGIS 10 for another reason and the re-install solved the problem.

I am afraid this might be the only solution at this stage.

I hope this is useful.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Is the whole Contents window gone? if it is, it should appear to the extreme right of where it is supposed to be.,

If Contents, doesn't appear select the View tab and select Contents

0 Kudos
SteeveEbener
New Contributor II

Hi Dan, thanks for the comment.

The all window is gone and not appearing anywhere on the screen.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

go to the task bar at the bottom of the monitot right-click and select show windows stacked select it and drag it on screen

the View tab...Content should have search

0 Kudos
SteeveEbener
New Contributor II

Still not appearing...this is really strange

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If this doesn't appear, it is off screen, so try one of the taskbar options like I suggested.

contents_search.png

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That screenshot is Pro isn't it?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

yup...only took a week for someone to figure out I had the right screen grab for the wrong question.... or vice versa .... I will just leave it... might come in handy sometime

0 Kudos
JoshuaPrescott
New Contributor

Have you discovered the reason or solution for this issue yet?  I am having the same issue.  I tried the suggested solutions from the responses to your post, but they didn't work.

0 Kudos
SteeveEbener
New Contributor II

Hi Joshua. I am unfortunately still struggling with it as well in ArcGIS 10.4 (ArcGIS Pro is fine).

0 Kudos