I would like to put custom widgets into a "...\stemapp\widgets\customWidget" folder. What do I have to do to get the WAB dev edition to recognize that there are more widgets in there?

Jump to solution
03-29-2016 02:48 PM
MegHoole2
New Contributor III

I would like to put custom widgets into a "...\stemapp\widgets\customWidget" folder.  What do I have to do to get the WAB dev edition to recognize that there are more widgets in there?  thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

WAB is not setup to scan for widgets in sub folders in the widgets directory to my knowledge.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

I am a little confused. There is no customwidget frolder under stemApp\widgets. There is a samplewidgets folder. Is that where you are talking about?

0 Kudos
MegHoole2
New Contributor III

Hey Robert... I created the folder, just hoping to separate/organize custom widgets from those included with WAB.  But any custom widgets stored in the folder don't show up in WAB dev, so wondering if I can change something so that widgets within that folder can also be listed in the WAB dev for use in apps.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

WAB is not setup to scan for widgets in sub folders in the widgets directory to my knowledge.

0 Kudos
MegHoole2
New Contributor III

Esri confirmed that "For now, we have to put your custom widget into widgets folder, there is no customWidget folder"

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

Can you go ahead and close this thread then now that you have your answer, by marking a reply as the correct answer.

0 Kudos
MegHoole2
New Contributor III

ok thx...at the Dev Summit, I attended one of the WAB presentations... and I'm pretty sure that the presenter had a '...stemapp\widgets\customWidget' folder, but not sure if they were visible for use in WABdev when building an app.  I'll see if I can find her name and follow up with her.

0 Kudos