Where is the Version Changes tool in Pro?

03-28-2016 06:42 AM
JillHalchin
Occasional Contributor II

I'm exporing ArcGIS Pro 1.2 to see what it can and cannot do.  As the GIS manager here, I need to review recent edits made by others in their versions before I reconcile them to base, but I don't see the Version Changes tool that ArcMap has.   I looked at the toolbar customization, but it isn't an option there. I would use a definition query to filter the data, but I rarely know the last date that I checked edits, besides the format of the Version Changes window is much better suited to checking the data. Is this tool not yet available in Pro?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JillHalchin
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks, Dan, but unfortunately that page discusses only geoprocessing tools in the toolboxes. Versions Changes isn't in any of the ArcMap GP toolboxes. Pro has the Feature Compare GP tool, but it appears that it won't work correctly if there have been deletes.

0 Kudos
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III

It annoys me that esri thinks anything can be done through a GP tool...  There are lots of functionality beyond editing in ArcMap that require a lot of user intervention and interactivity beyond what a GP tool can do.  In my case it is georeferencing and spatial adjustment tools.  Sure warp tool exists and you can manually enter coordinates but that is a far cry from the toolbar interactively correcting the image with the gcp windows interactively showing the RMS for each point...