Is there way I can overlay dynamic map service layer on top of the feature layer?

Jump to solution
03-22-2016 01:44 PM
KushendraShah1
New Contributor III

I need to bring dynamic map service layer on top of the feature layer using javascript api. I tried using reorderLayer method but couldn't be able to resolve. Any guide and sample work is highly appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kushendra,

Basically the answer is no. FeatureLayers inherit from GraphicsLayer and GLs will always drawn on top of all other layer type (i.e. ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer, ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer, Etc).

Graphics layers can be reordered within the group of graphics layers. However, the graphics layer in Map.graphics is always on top. Also, all graphics layers are always on top of TiledMapServiceLayers andDynamicMapServiceLayers.

Here are a few threads that discuss this and some possible workflow changes you can make to use different layer types to achieve your goal:

Reorder TiledMapServiceLayer and FeatureLayer

how to put a ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer on top of a GraphicsLayer

Cannot get featureLayer to display under DynamicMapServiceLayer

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kushendra,

Basically the answer is no. FeatureLayers inherit from GraphicsLayer and GLs will always drawn on top of all other layer type (i.e. ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer, ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer, Etc).

Graphics layers can be reordered within the group of graphics layers. However, the graphics layer in Map.graphics is always on top. Also, all graphics layers are always on top of TiledMapServiceLayers andDynamicMapServiceLayers.

Here are a few threads that discuss this and some possible workflow changes you can make to use different layer types to achieve your goal:

Reorder TiledMapServiceLayer and FeatureLayer

how to put a ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer on top of a GraphicsLayer

Cannot get featureLayer to display under DynamicMapServiceLayer

KushendraShah1
New Contributor III

Robert- that makes sense to me. Thanks for the information and resources.

-Kush

0 Kudos