Layouts in ArcGIS Pro (and how they differ from ArcMap)

03-22-2016 12:25 PM
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to transfer my ArcMap knowledge to ArcPro, and having a difficult time.  In layout view, I can't figure out how to position my map properly.  If I grab and drag, it drags the whole frame, so I can't move the data within the frame.  I've tried moving my frame in map view, but it doesn't make any difference to what I see in layout view.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

OK, I figured it out.  Activate Map Frame.  I feel like I'm starting back at square one trying to learn Pro!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I like to use this as a landing page

Documentation | ArcGIS for Desktop    You can then get a good look to see if there is a similar comparison page.

Did you go through the help topics beginning at Layouts on the Pro side?

I have also been appending to this as I get time

ArcGIS Pro ... useful transitioning links and images

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan, I will take a look.  No, I have not gone through all the help topics, thinking I could do on an as-needed basis, but I guess I'll have to. 

0 Kudos
DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

It is certainly a different model from ArcMap, but we hope it's a much better one based on years of user input and lessons learned. Of course, there is still more functionality to come and each release should see more enhancement and further improvements without pulling the rugs out from under you too much. We are definitely mindful of where users are coming from as we move forward.

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

​OK, good to know.

0 Kudos