Caching Schema for Imagery 1.8cm resolution

03-21-2016 03:51 AM
BledarBirbo1
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

We do have some 1.8 cm resolution imagery that we would like to cache for using as a basemap along with other ESRI basemaps provided on AGOL.

What tiling schema should we use in order to go down to 1.8cm resolution ?

I recently saw that ESRI image service has been upgraded to include new Hires imagery World_Imagery (MapServer)

The problem is that the current predefined schema when publishing a tiled map service only allows you to go until Level ID: 19

If we manually add these additional 4 Levels and create a Custom Schema, would that be compatible with other basemaps from ESRI ?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bledar,

With custom basemaps, you can cache to any scale you wish.  Below is a good document on how to create a Tile Layer for ArcGIS Online:

Publish a Tiled Service to ArcGIS Online w/o ArcGIS for Server or Utilizing Your Credits

If you are using Web AppBuilder to create an application, you can actually zoom into larger scales than 19 with ESRI basemaps.  The imagery is not cached to large scales, but it will still draw when zooming in past 1:1,128.

Map—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
BledarBirbo1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jake.

Thanks for the very quick answer.

My concern and the main question is that if Web Appbuilder application will allow the user to switch between ESRI basemaps and Custom Tiled Basemap.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Yes, they will have this ability.  For best performance, I would recommend building the custom basemap with the same schema as ESRI's basemaps, plus the additional large scales.

BledarBirbo1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks

0 Kudos