What are my product options?

03-16-2016 12:10 PM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

So from a small group going through the ESRI growing pains, i have the following question....

we are starting to work with FGDBs a lot more day by day. i was curious beyond desktop are there any other ESRI applications that those of you who have already gone through the growing pains found to be extremely useful in working with FGDBs?

thanks, any and all input on what you the users like and/or dislike about different products/services.

Dave

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

It all comes down to what you are currently doing and what you forsee doing.  Can you elaborate on where you are at and where you are going?

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

I guess first steps would be basic consumption from client and then having the ability to read/write as needed for maintenance then push back to clients...

we are comparing GIS to Tabular data and trying to map fields between the two. once that is accomplished it will be bulk imported into SQL for QC.

hope this helps

dave

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

one program i saw that i really liked was ArcGIS Diagrammer, but noticed they stopped support after 10.2.

i didnt know if there was another program out there that others are using with 10.3 or 10.4 that is similar?

thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

^bump^

just curious if anyone was using anything beyond desktop for the following tasks:

1) Viewing Map Data & Attributes

2a) Querying GIS Data

2b) Editing GIS Data (local editing, multi user)

3) ETL of Data

a) Extraction

b) Transformation (coordinate and attribute)

c) Loading Data

wasnt sure if Pro had much in the way of the ability to perform above tasks or if people new of any other applications.

thanks again

dave

0 Kudos