Transfer Desktop 10.4 Single User License

Jump to solution
03-16-2016 07:43 AM
WilliamCole
Occasional Contributor

The computer that my ArcGIS products run on needs to be replaced.  I have ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 installed running a single user license - no server involved.  What are the instructions for transferring my licenses to the new computer, please?

Thanks very much,

Bill Cole

Fredericksburg, VA

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bill,

On the old computer you open ArcGIS Administrator and choose  Support Operations > Deauthorize... This will release your single user license from that machine then you can re-use the ESU# on the new machine.

Authorizing ArcGIS single use products and features—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bill,

On the old computer you open ArcGIS Administrator and choose  Support Operations > Deauthorize... This will release your single user license from that machine then you can re-use the ESU# on the new machine.

Authorizing ArcGIS single use products and features—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

WilliamCole
Occasional Contributor

That sounds almost too simple! Thanks so much for the quick reply.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bill,

Please be sure to mark my reply correct if it worked for you.

WilliamCole
Occasional Contributor

Still getting use to the GeoNet Community ... I clicked Yes on Helpful [which it very much was]; is that the same as correct?  Many thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

William,

No it is not. When you open the thread (not just look at it in your inbox but actually click the link to open the thread) you will see a "Mark Correct" link in the upper right hand corner replies to your question. When you find that one of the replies answers your question you click the "Mark Correct" link on that specific reply that answered your question and if other replies were helpful then you click the "Helpful" Yes on those replies. This thread has already been marked correct by a GeoNet Admin though.

ElioFernandez
New Contributor

What if I did not do this? How can I deauthorize after the computer has already been restored to factory settings?

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Elio,

In a situation where it is impossible to deauthorize your license, such as a computer crash or re-imaged, you can go to MyEsri (my.esri.com) > Recover Lost Licenses tab.  Just follow the instruction to recover you licenses.