Visibility range for layer

Jump to solution
03-15-2016 11:57 AM
EricBianchi1
New Contributor III

I am working on a project that is intended to show parking restrictions. I am using my university's parking restriction layer and it will only appear when I zoom into a certain level. Is there a way to fix it so that I can view the graphical layer at a more zoomed out level? The visibility slide bar doesn't seem to do anything.

Is this something that I have the ability to even edit, or would that be something that was set and cannot be changed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Setting drawing layer visibility—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop for within ArcMap... for other software the keyword phrase is layer visibility and scale , it may have been set already and you will have to change it if you can

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

It depends on  how you are accessing the data.  If it is from a Service, you may not be able to change this behavior yourself.

However, if you are viewing a feature class in a mxd, then you can usually alter it.  For example, a Scale Dependency may have been set, which suppresses the data display outside a preset scale (usually to improve performance and to prevent the display from getting cluttered).

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
EricBianchi1
New Contributor III

Thanks, I will look into that!

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Chris Donohue, GISP <geonet@esri.com>

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Setting drawing layer visibility—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop for within ArcMap... for other software the keyword phrase is layer visibility and scale , it may have been set already and you will have to change it if you can

EricBianchi1
New Contributor III

Thanks I will look into that!

0 Kudos