change the color of features

03-16-2016 01:27 PM
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III

Two polygon layers are displayed in wab with the same color despite the fact that the layers were published in different colors.

I want to manually to change the color of the features for each layer but I cannot see where. Does config of the locallayer support the color tag?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lefteris,

No the LL widget uses the renderer that is returned by the server only.

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis

That's what I thought at first, but when I checked the web service for each layer that color is not the same.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Are they being added as FeatureLayers or Dynamic Layers?

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis

FeatureLayers.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis

To try to change the color of the polygon, I removed it from the mxd file, republished the web service. Then, I placed it back to the mxd and republished it, and still the wab shows the same color!!!! The rest services shows the new color. It got to be something in wab that determines what color to show for a polygon regardless of what the rest services define.

Then, I tried  another way. I removed the layer from the layerlist and saved it. Then, brought it back and voila. The layer adapted the color as defined by the rest service. I guess the wab does not update unless a change is made on the layerlist.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lefteris,

I have not been able to duplicate this at all. When I add a Feature Layer then the FL is displayed using the server defined symbology.

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis

The issue appears after the mxd file is published for the first time. After the service is published and on the wab,  try to change the symbology of the layer at the mxd level and then republish to see if the wab will display the new symbology. In my case it was never updated.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lefteris,

I am not sure what is going on on your end ,but I have tested that exact scenario and the LL drew the FL using the servers drawingInfo.

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis

I wish I knew. By removing the layer from wab and re-inserting it "forced" the wab to pull the colors from the web service.

Thank you.

0 Kudos