Offline Basemaps without using Tile Package?

03-16-2016 02:48 AM
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Survey123 community, 

Great work so far with the Survey123 app!

The offline basemap capability introduced in January was fab push forward in offline use: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/01/06/prepare-basemaps-for-offline-use.

Are there any plans in place to have a workflow implemented to take basemaps offline, similar to how you would in Collector?: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector/android/collect-data/offline-use.htm#GUID-71368F3F-2502-48BA-8BD...

Any information would be appreciated!

Carmel

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Carmel,

you may want to try Moving Content​    to the Survey123 for ArcGIS​   group (currently is in the ArcGIS Online group).  You will most likely get more Survey123 specific advice.  You can always "Tag" other groups by using the @ and the group name.  you can see the geonet structure GeoNet Community Structure

BTW, but including the Survey123 for ArcGIS name above, that did already tag that group.

CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you! I was trying to figure out how to do that yesterday - I've followed the group today and it's worked!

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You can also go up a level to the space's home page by click the groups name in the breadcrumb string, so you can "join the group"

So that is all just Geonet help.....

Hopefully Ismael Chivite or others are monitoring and can answer your Survey 123 question. (I can not) 

Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

ichivite-esristaff, is there any news about having offline maps in Survey123 without the need of having a tpk installed?

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Nicole, no news for now.

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

😞

0 Kudos
JennyHuang3
New Contributor III

Ismael Chivite‌ what about using the offline basemap downloaded in collector in survey123. is it possible?

thank you so much!!!

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Unfortunately not.  You cannot share basemaps across apps.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are there any plans to improve Survey123's basemaps?

I've been trying for days to get Survey123 Connect 3.3.51 to recognize the existence of a 5.6 MB tpk file created with Tile Package Kreator 1.3.30. I'm editing the .info file with Brackets 1.13.

This all seems like such a clunky process compared to Collector.