Mask rasters with polygon?

03-14-2016 05:03 PM
TomKearns
Occasional Contributor II

Is this available in Pro yet?  I cannot figure out how to do it.  In Desktop it is available in the dataframe's properties under Data Frame, clip options, clip to shape.

The masking tool in pro is not applicable to the rasters (DRGs) I have under the shapefile (counties).

I am trying to make a map package for offline use in Collector but would like to break the state up due to size constraints.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChrisFilewich1
New Contributor II

I use the Extract by Mask tool to do the same in ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
TomKearns

Thanks for the response.

I have about 2000 rasters and need to hide some of them, as opposed to extracting pieces from one large raster.

The desktop tool would allow a polygon shape to act as a window to only see what was inside.  I am looking for this functionality in Pro.

ChrisFilewich1
New Contributor II

Ahh i see. Only other way I can think of would be to clip the map by extent (Map Properties>Extent>Custom Extent) but that's limited to a rectangular area. Probably not useful.

0 Kudos
YovavZohar1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Tom,

You can try the Clip Raster Function​ which is very useful and works with all license levels, regardless the extension. You can read here how to work with Raster Functions.

0 Kudos
TomKearns

Please read my response above.  I have multiple rasters which need to be shown and multiple rasters which need to be hidden.  Unless the tool takes multiple input rasters (500+) it will not work for me.

0 Kudos
eclecticlearner
New Contributor III

I can't see where this functionality has been added in 2.0.0.  I have an update available but have not tried it yet.  I use this functionality a lot in my maps to hide aerial photography that overlaps my real estate boundaries of interest.  This among other ArcMap functions need to make their way in to pro.  I have been using pro for about 5 months now (almost exclusively) but I still have to revert ArcMap for some functions.

0 Kudos