Portal for ArcGIS testing environment - duplicating prod

Jump to solution
03-14-2016 09:14 AM
SvivaManager
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Not long ago we experienced a fatal error in our DataStore component which was followed by an uninstall.

After reinstalling it, the error was gone and so is the data of course.

We managed to restore the old one but without having the Portal items for every since piece of the data in the DataStore it's all useless and inaccessible.

So I was wondering, what use do I have for a test environment of a Portal if I cannot take the production environment and duplicate it as a test env'? did anyone ever tried this before? is there a way to recreate items and services for the DataStore content??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SvivaManager

So ESRI replied that at this point it's not possible to restore a DataStore into a different portal than the one it was related with at the first place which means its pretty much impossible to replicate the data of one environment to another

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SvivaManager

So ESRI replied that at this point it's not possible to restore a DataStore into a different portal than the one it was related with at the first place which means its pretty much impossible to replicate the data of one environment to another