Selecting the current time is not straight forward

03-10-2016 01:44 PM
LouTaylor-Thomas
New Contributor II

I like the new time display with "wheels" for hours and minutes, but...  it doesn't let you select the current time without first adjusting something (i.e. adding and then subtracting one minute).  Is there a way to answer this question with one tap to enter the current time?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

You can set up your time question to capture the current time by setting the default value to now().

This means that every survey will save the current time without the user having to press any buttons.

- Hannah

LouTaylor-Thomas
New Contributor II

I do have the default ()now set up in my time question but it doesn't seem to actually capture the time without the user selecting that question, adjusting the time, and then moving to the next question.  If the user simply opens and then closes the time question, it remains blank instead of showing the current time. Ideally, a single tap on the time question would log the current time but currently it doesn't appear to do that.  I am dubious about the survey saving the time without the user pressing any buttons at all because that would imply that the time saved is the time the survey is finished, when what I actually want is a specific time captured by the user.  I am working with Survey123 on windows and it appears to behave the same way in iOS on our iPad.  Thanks for your help,