ArcSDE geodatabase

03-10-2016 09:37 AM
ValeryKemelman
New Contributor

What parameters must be in SDE.SERVER_CONFIG table?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

To some extent, that may differ by the release (or even patch level) of the installed geodatabase, as well as the RDBMS in use.  What release and RDBMS are you using?  Has something unfortunate happend to your geodatabase instance?

- V

ValeryKemelman
New Contributor

Thanks Vince for responding. The question I've raised related to issues with many errors coming from ArcSDE when we working with Cadastral Fabric Editor in ArcMap. In ArcSDE log we can see a lot of errors like:

load buffer -51 on CADASTRAL_POINTS

It affects ArcMap stop display or identify point features sublayer. I was thinking that it may be related to the parameters in SERVER_CONFIG table that control sending data from server side to the client.

We are working on Oracle 11g Release 11.2.0.4.0 on Unix Solaris 10, ArcSDE 10.0, Geomtry storage - Oracle SDO

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

-51 is SE_DB_IO_ERROR, meaning the database failed to read the data. That doesn't have anything to do with anything in SDE.SERVER_CONFIG.  ArcSDE 10.0 (which is now Retired) was certified with Oracle 11gR2 (11.2.0.1), but there isn't much data on how it will perform with 11.2.0.4.  There have been eight major releases of ArcGIS since 10.0sp5 (counting 10.1sp1).  I doubt there's anything you can do to make 40-month old application software work flawlessly with 30 month old database software (which is what Vince's First Law of Compatibility​ is about).  Unfortunately, you need to shorten the "while" before those errors can be resolved.

- V

MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor

Just as Vince asked I am wondering what situation you are running into where you would need to modify one of these parameters. There are parameters that are modified through the use of user interface menus and tools within this table and no manual manipulation should be done. At 10.3 there was a new tool released to configure logfile types/settings.

ValeryKemelman
New Contributor

Unfortunately we are still in 10 for a while.

0 Kudos