AnsweredAssumed Answered

Force time slider to daily increment

Question asked by rdbutger on Mar 3, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2017 by moldofs1

We have a time enabled map service showing the track of a hurricane for our upcoming statewide hurricane exercise. -- Events/2015_06_HurrEx_KIMO (MapServer) . For purposed of the exercise, for each day there is only 1 forecast.

It works just fine with a web app like this -- ArcGIS Web Application

Except -- note how the Time Slider has two handles on it to set the duration of the time displayed -- from May 15, 2016, 8:00 PM to May 16, 2016, 8:00 PM. That isn't a problem on Day 1 of the exercise.

But on Day 2 -- it is, because now the map is displaying 2 current locations and 2 forecast tracks.

The solution is, of course -- to close up the 2 sliders, to display only 1 day like this --

There -- that's perfect for Day 2 of the exercise.

Challenge is -- my users can't be expected to learn that trick.

I need to either set the time handles to the same interval -- or better yet, even just get rid of one, so that only 1 day at a time will be displayed.

Anybody have any ideas?

Seems like it would be a mighty useful setting to only show daily increments, and not durations overlapping days.

And, yes -- I have played with all time enabled settings in the map -- the setting there is 1 day -- but those handles allow the user to set durations overlapping a day.

Outcomes