Can I monitor how many people viewed my story map?

Jump to solution
03-03-2016 01:01 AM
NavaSheer
Occasional Contributor

I see there is a usage button on the description page of the app, but I would like to discern between my internal organizations views and the public's views.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Nava,

There is a blog post about using Google Analytics code in your apps here. You will need to download the code and host the app yourself to do this.

There currently isn't a way to discern between internal and external views in the ArcGIS Online analytic tools, but I've passed your request to the team. Also, it would be good to visit the ArcGIS Ideas site to submit your idea there so others can vote for it. Here is a similar idea you could also vote up.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SebastienPetit
Occasional Contributor

It is a good question.

Esri provide a tool to monitor app and webmap in arcgis online but we have NO clue of what is actually monitored, etc.

The only way we foun to monitor most of our apps is to put a google analytic code in the template.

Yes, we would like to have way better monitoring tools and explanations of what it actually does

0 Kudos
NavaSheer
Occasional Contributor

Thank you - a great idea to put in google analytic code.  Do you use developer codes for your apps or can you place the google code into the template without developer knowledge?

Thanks

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Nava,

There is a blog post about using Google Analytics code in your apps here. You will need to download the code and host the app yourself to do this.

There currently isn't a way to discern between internal and external views in the ArcGIS Online analytic tools, but I've passed your request to the team. Also, it would be good to visit the ArcGIS Ideas site to submit your idea there so others can vote for it. Here is a similar idea you could also vote up.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps