default depending on previous answer

03-01-2016 12:12 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

To safe time and to avoid errors I would like to have the default value set to yes if another question before was answered with yes, too. How can I do that?

5 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Nicole,

I thought this could be done through a calculation as in the attached excel file, but this stops working when I change the second question type to a select_one. So for now this does not work. Let us research a bit more.

Ismael

0 Kudos
SMW_GIS
New Contributor III

Ishmael, 

Has this been resolved?  I would like set the default value in a select_one question depending on the choice in another select_one question.  

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Steve. Unfortunately not. Still sitting in the back-log.

RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

Mine is similar but on a select_one, having a default value based on an expression or calculation on survey load or when I open a form. If I hard code a choice name in Default it works. If I use a survey column name in default, select_one breaks. If I use pulldata on the calculation column, select_one breaks as well. Lastly, I tried the survey name of the field that used the pulldata calculation and the behavior is the same.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Renato,

The default column isn't intended to have a formula within it - the now() and today() functions are limited exceptions.  

0 Kudos