Show related records in SM

02-26-2016 02:47 PM
MelanieRosenberg2
Occasional Contributor II

I have a service with a 1:M relate.  In AGOL, the popup allows us to view the related records. Is there a way to do this within SM? I know you rebuilt the pop ups, but that prevents the "Show related records" button from appearing. I would like to avoid building a custom map.Rupert Essinger

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MelanieRosenberg2
0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Melanie,

Can you share the service you we're using? I just tested the sample service in the map series and it seemed to work. I'm assuming you configured the popup in AGO and saved the configuration before publishing?

0 Kudos
MelanieRosenberg2

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately I cannot share the service I am using publicly.  However, I am using a SM Journal template and I have configured the popups in AGO and saved the configuration before publishing.

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Melanie, is this limited to just story maps or do you have the same issue in the basic viewer? Also, do you rely on a button in the popups to show the related fields or are they visible by default?

0 Kudos
MelanieRosenberg2

I have found this limited to SM. My solution to view related records inside the journal was to embed a WAB application inside the journal. But this posed it's own problems - there is a bug logged for those issues (**see below). By default, in an AGOL map (not an app) the data is recognized as having a related table and so when you click a feature to show the infoWindow, a hyperlink exists at the bottom that says "Show Related Records".  Once you select that hyperlink, a table appears at the bottom with related records - an ugly table.

[ENH-000094709: For Portal for ArcGIS (10.4) Story Map Applications, add the option to show related records within the layer pop-ups of the referenced web map]

**[BUG-000094710: The Story Map Journal theme in Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 exhibits odd behavior when switching between sections if one of the sections contains a link to a Web AppBuilder application]

0 Kudos