Analysis Widget Consuming AGOL Services

02-24-2016 08:17 PM
KrishV
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello All,

I'm using WAB1.3, which has a great tool that is Analysis Widget. But it is consuming AGOL services which will consume credits.

Is there any way to use local services in Analysis widget instead of AGOL services..? (Instead of Geoprocessing Widget)

Your advice and inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!! ☺

Thanks,

Krishna

8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Derek Law​ Can you comment on this?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Krishna,

Q) Is there any way to use local services in Analysis widget instead of AGOL services..?

Yes with ArcGIS 10.4 for Server, which includes Portal for ArcGIS. In the 10.4 release, Portal for ArcGIS includes the perform analysis capabilities in the Portal map viewer. See the help topic:

Perform analysis—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for Server

This functionality utilizes the new SpatialAnalysisTools GP service that is included with ArcGIS Server 10.4 (i.e., the GIS Server). When Portal for ArcGIS 10.4 is configured with a hosting server (e.g., using a dedicated 10.4 Server site + ArcGIS Data Store), the SpatialAnalysisTools GP service powers the Portal map viewer perform analysis tools.

I'm providing this background for context, as the Analysis widget in Web AppBuilder uses the same perform analysis capabilities. So, for both the embedded Web AppBuilder in Portal for ArcGIS 10.4 and Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v1.3, you can enable the Analysis widget to work with Portal for ArcGIS 10.4; which behind the scenes uses the SpatialAnalysisTools GP service in a hosting server configuration.

FYI: the SpatialAnalysisTools GP service will power most of the functionality in the Analysis widget with the exception of the following,

• Enrich Layer
  • Create Viewshed
  • Create Watershed
  • Trace Downstream
  • Create Drive-Time Areas
  • Find Nearest
  • Plan Routes
  • Connect Origins to Destinations

The functionality to power these tools will require additional utility services, either from ArcGIS Online registered with your Portal, or you will have to provide them yourself.

Hope this helps,

KrishV
by

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the detailed information.

Can you please provide any walk-through to enable the Analysis widget to work with Portal for ArcGIS 10.4. Hope this doesn't consume any services. Please find snapshot where it says "Using Spatial Analysis service tasks consumes credits."Credits-Spatial Analysis.JPG

Appreciate your support!!!☺

Regards,

Krish

DerekLaw

Hi Krishna,

> Can you please provide any walk-through to enable the Analysis widget to work with Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.

Set-up and configure Portal for ArcGIS 10.4 with a hosting server deployment (e.g., using a dedicated 10.4 Server site + ArcGIS Data Store). In this deployment, the perform analysis tools will be enabled in the Portal map viewer. Then you would use Web AppBuilder Developer Edition to sign in and connect to your 10.4 Portal; the Analysis widget will work with Portal 10.4. No other special configurations are needed.

I am not sure which help topic you got that screenshot from, but as I said for most of the tools in the Analysis widget, you do NOT need to use utility services from ArcGIS Online. Hence, you would not consume credits.

Hope this helps,

KrishV
by

Hi Derek,

> not sure which help topic you got that screenshot from

I have taken screenshot from below link.

http://https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/analysis/api-reference/tasks-overview.htm

However, thank you so much for the detailed information, which is very helpful.

Regards,

Krish

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Krishna,

FYI: just to close the loop on this item, the documentation you've referenced is for the ArcGIS API for JavaScript and does not specifically refer to Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.

Hope this helps,

FrancisSenyah
Occasional Contributor

Hi Derek,

I  note this is an old thread now - it has similarities to issues I am seeing in Portal 10.6 so I wonder if you can assist?

I’ve published a Network Dataset to a Federated Portal and configured the URL in Utility Services - Directions and Routing.  I’m attempting to use this service in Web AppBuilder via the Analysis – Connect Origins to Destinations widget.  However when launching the widget it returns the error ‘No analysis tool is configured!’.  Having then configured an ArcGIS Online account to use utility services the widget then works as normal.  From reading around it appears that we can indeed use our own published Network Dataset in Portal Apps (i.e. no credit use), although I can't identify what is wrong in this instance.  I've ensured all the steps have been followed from the configuration help pages, and the network service works fine in ArcGIS Desktop.  Under 'Use Proximity' in Portal Map Viewer, I only get 'Create Buffers' and 'Find Nearest' as options rather than the full set of Proximity tools.  Are you able to shed any light here?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Francis,

Apologies for the late reply. I missed the notification that this thread was updated.

> From reading around it appears that we can indeed use our own published Network Dataset in Portal

Yes, you will need to configure it as a utility service in Portal, please see this help topic,

Configure utility services—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Note the specific steps to Publish Routing Services utility—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,