Simplest way to use cluster symbology with points ?

02-25-2016 11:03 AM
alexismetral
New Contributor

Hi,

I want to use a cluster symbology for one of my layer in a WAB application. I initially thought that would be a simple task such as setting it in ArcGIS Online or using a custom widget but it looks more complicated than that.

I’ve found the ESRI Point clustering sample code but I’m not a true developer (more a scripter / tinkerer) and I’ve no ideas about what to do with that piece of code and how to implement it in my application.

Is there a simple way to use cluster symbology with ESRI products in 2016? Or a least, what would be the procedure to use the Point clustering sample code ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbhishekRathi1
Occasional Contributor

Dear Alexis,

Kindly refer the link below

How to scatter stacked or clustered marker symbols for point features | ArcGIS Blog

Hope this help you.

0 Kudos
alexismetral
New Contributor

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the link but I already tried that solution which is not practical for my project. I really need to use clusturing symbology such as in this example based on the ESRI sample code.

I need to understand how could I implement that piece of code to by WAB application. I don't know what to do with that java script file, I thought that would be just a matter of feeding it with my mapping service but it look more complexe.

Thanks.

Alex.

0 Kudos