MapView.NavigationCompleted Event (odd behavior)

02-24-2016 02:56 PM
EricPaitz
Esri Contributor

Recently I have noticed some odd behavior for the MapView.NavigationCompleted Event. I have the following XMAL and code-behind.

<esri:MapView WrapAround=”False” NavigationCompleted=”MapView_NavigationCompleted” … />

private void MapView_NavigationCompleted(object sender, EventArgs e){

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(“[{0}] {1}”, DateTime.Now.ToString(“hh:mm:ss.fff”),((MapView)sender).Extent.ToJson());

}

When I look at the Output Window I can see that this event sometimes fires twice rapidly within less than a second. Most of the time it seems to only fire once as expected. I have seen this behavior with rolling the mouse wheel, panning, and using the shift key to zoom into a drawn envelope. The coordinates of the extent for the two that fired within half a second of each other are almost identical but actually differ at the 14th decimal place. Our Spatial Reference is WGS84. I am using these extents in a list and the extra extents are causing problems.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Does this seem like a minor bug?

Thanks,

-eric

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Eric,

It's not something we're aware of. Does it happen when programmatically navigating the MapView? (i.e. SetViewAsync)

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos