AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help designing load test

Question asked by evtguy on Feb 23, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 by evtguy

Our organization is experiencing issues with a service during periods of high demand. The service supports a flood warning system so those periods of high demand are sporadic so I'm looking towards using a load test with Apache JMeter to help us evaluate what we can do to better support our needs. I'm using this blog post and tutorial to help guide me and I've installed JMeter and have a test case set up. Since I'm new to this, I'm not sure if my parameters really mirror the real world so I'm posting to get some more experienced eyes on this.

Anyways, instead of a a map image export like in the tutorial, I'm just performing a simple "1=1" query on our particular map service. Our web map builds our stream gage layer on the fly at page load using this query based on a table in this particular service.

Below are a couple of screenshots from Google Analytics real-time view during our most recent events:

trafficExample01.jpgtrafficExample02.jpg

Based on this, I created a test with a thread of 40 users, a ramp up period of 20 seconds, and a loop count of 3. Does this sound reasonable, given the real-world examples shown above? Am I on the right track of way off?

Thanks!

Steve

Outcomes