AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can you add the Playlist-style filter to other story map templates or Web App Builder?

Question asked by jbakker_IFFChgo on Feb 19, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 19, 2016 by jbakker_IFFChgo

Is there a way to add a filter tool similar to the one in the Playlist Story Map (like the one here: http://powaygis.poway.org/websites/CityOfPowayAffordableHousing/) with a simple check box for unique values on a field, to another type of story map or the Web App builder? The Playlist style filter is easier for end users to interact with than the Query widget in the Web App Builder, which adds an operational layer for the query instead of dropping non-queried features from the layer. I would like to make a map series app with each tab showing school performance by grade division (elementary, middle, high school) with the functionality to query by school type (public, private, charter) and performance in each tab. The Playlist filter tool seems like a great solution for that, but I don't know how to build it into a Web App Builder to drop into the Map Series app. One option is to customize the filters into the Filter story map template, but I'd like it to be more integrated into the Web App Builder layout and maintain the simplicity of the Playlist style filter tool.

Outcomes