Sharing Data Mosaics 10.2.2

Jump to solution
02-19-2016 08:56 AM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

All,

so I have one location(shared folder) of about 5 Data Mosaics that I am sharing to two locations. the problem I'm running into is when I set the Mosaic Data Set Path on one machine(SMA) that same path is getting set for the second machine(DMA). so the imagery shows up on the SMA machine but I get the old checker board pattern on the DMA machine.

short of putting all the imagery data(1.5TB) on each machine locally is there a way of getting that imagery to show on both machines with the appropriate paths? the images attached will hopefully clarify the issue I'm experiencing.

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

I think that's a good idea.  If they're each supposed to have their own imagery, but all of the imagery resides in one location, you can have two separate file geodatabases, or two separate mosaic datasets within the same file geodatabase named appropriately, and publish each to the respective server.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

So the DMA machine can't reach the \\sma-dd-tile-001\Imagery share?  Are the machines in separate networks? 

DaveTenney

yes both machines are on the same network, which is also the same network as the shared imagery folder housing the mosaics

if I edit the data source in DMA to have a DMA path, I go back to the SMA project and its path has been changed to DMA and vice versa.

thanks

dave

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

I'm wondering if a an easy solution would be just to copy the fdb's and overviews locally to each machine and fix those paths in the map?

dave

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

I think that's a good idea.  If they're each supposed to have their own imagery, but all of the imagery resides in one location, you can have two separate file geodatabases, or two separate mosaic datasets within the same file geodatabase named appropriately, and publish each to the respective server.