Display many geo refd images on map

02-18-2016 09:57 AM
KonradWinkowski
New Contributor

I need to create a layer that will allow me to display many (100+) images on the map. All of these images have a envelope, but there is just a lot of them. They are stored locally on the users device, I just need to take them and show them on the map at a fixed size and location.

I've tried using a custom dynamic layer but that was over kill when I have over 500+ images to show. These images are small, roughly  32 x 32 pixels. I've tired a local tile layer but my problem is that the tiles do not match up to where the images need to be, again this is because the images already have a specific envelope that the tile my not hit dead on or crop.  And the other issue I have with a local tile layer is converting the rows and columns to a usable lat long to compare to the images. Any ideas on what else I could try or what I'm missing here ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Konrad,

Correct me if I am wrong, personally, I don't think it is a wise idea to use Runtime iOS SDK to do such level of digitizing pictures or georeferencing tasks. Normally, we need to do these workflow from ArcMap and then generate map service to browsing from device.

0 Kudos