App for Utilities

Jump to solution
02-17-2016 09:00 AM
LanceJones
New Contributor II

I am considering using this app for our Water & Sewer Department. How are the maps shared from desktop to the app and can I block public access to them?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You placed this question in the Explorer for ArcGIS space, so I assume that you are referring to Explorer for ArcGIS when you write "this app". A large part of what you are asking depends on how your data is stored. Will you include (REST) services or do you only have local data (shapefiles and file geodatabases)?

The scenario to share your data within a group of users, but block it from access by the public is functionality ArcGIS Online has been designed for. ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

If you acquire an ArcGIS Online subscription you will have access to a whole bunch of applications specifically created for Utilities. Have a look here: ArcGIS for Utilities

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You placed this question in the Explorer for ArcGIS space, so I assume that you are referring to Explorer for ArcGIS when you write "this app". A large part of what you are asking depends on how your data is stored. Will you include (REST) services or do you only have local data (shapefiles and file geodatabases)?

The scenario to share your data within a group of users, but block it from access by the public is functionality ArcGIS Online has been designed for. ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

If you acquire an ArcGIS Online subscription you will have access to a whole bunch of applications specifically created for Utilities. Have a look here: ArcGIS for Utilities

0 Kudos
LanceJones
New Contributor II

Sorry for the delay in response. The county has a license and we've been comparing Explorer with Collector. It looks like, for our use, Collector has more of the functionality we need. Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos