Can't publish, stuck in Server-Side Post Processing

Jump to solution
02-16-2016 12:39 PM
SeanLawrence
New Contributor II

I've been having an issue publishing feature services from 10.3.1 to ArcGIS online where it hangs at "Server-side post processing".  Service definition seems fine.

A co-worker in the same org was having the same problem with different data.  I've searched and couldn't find anything.  I have no problems publishing to our internal server.  When logging in to see if it published it's just this we see.

Capture.PNG

I've also tried uploading the service definition and building the service in ArcGIS online and it does the same exact thing.  We have plenty of credits and I am an administrator.  Thoughts why this would break all of a sudden?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing to WGS84 Web Mercator seems to have helped me as well. I have published other things in past with no issue, but they were much smaller. Did not get flagged when I clicked analyze before attempting to publish though, which is weird...    

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying the to overwrite an existing map service in ArcGIS.com using ArcMap10.3.1, and I get the same message error, it just sits there in eternity in "Server-side post processing".  Was there ever a fix for this issue?  i also checked, and the layer i am trying to overwrite does not have delete protection turned on.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would suggest contacting technical support regarding this issue to look into this issue further. They can help to look into potential causes of this issue

Would it be possible to share the data or SD file that you are publishing?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
ColinDooley1
New Contributor

I have the same issue.  But with every service I'm trying to overwrite.  Any solutions on this.

0 Kudos
Regionaal_LandschapHaspengouw_
New Contributor

I had the same issue. Found out it was the coordinate system what coused the problem.

My gdb feature layer was in another system dan wgs 84. In the original upload I transformed it from our national system to wgs84. When I tried to overwrite it a second time i forgot to do de transform and the service got stuck at the server-side processing...

I transformed it to wgs again,  and the upload (overwrite) worked fine...

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing to WGS84 Web Mercator seems to have helped me as well. I have published other things in past with no issue, but they were much smaller. Did not get flagged when I clicked analyze before attempting to publish though, which is weird...    

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Tucker,

Thanks for posting what worked for you. I'm going to go ahead and mark your answer as correct, but it seems like this issue should be investigated further by Technical support to see if there is a bug. Please contact technical support if possible or let me know if you need help getting in contact.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
JimScheff
New Contributor

Still struggling with this. The WGS 84 switch doesn't seem to help either. Help.

0 Kudos