Spatial View Not Updating

Jump to solution
02-16-2016 11:53 AM
CurtPope
New Contributor III

I have a Spatial view of a relationship between a not spatial table and a feature class. I was able to get the to join based on the correct field. I had a number of discrepancies between the two tables so i start editing the tables as need so the data would join up. It worked on my first pass through the data but then i had to do some research to fix the discrepancies.  Now when i edit the data in either table its not reflected in the view. I have tried deleting and rebuilding the view a number of times with no luck. I did a spatial join in ArcMap to see if my data was line up and that worked just fine so now i am stumped. Has anyone else encountered this Problem

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Curt,

Is the data versioned?

What RDBMS are you using?

What is the version of your geodatabase?

-George

--- George T.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Curt,

Is the data versioned?

What RDBMS are you using?

What is the version of your geodatabase?

-George

--- George T.
CurtPope
New Contributor III

Oh it was versioned i thought i had unregistered the data. And that Seemed to fix the problem you are a life saver.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Not sure about what you mean by updating the view, but have you tried getting out of edit mode and toggling on and off the layer? or opening and closing the table (I swear there is a refresh somewhere)

AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

I would think if the data were versioned, you would have to use a versioned view.

See:

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.4/manage-data/using-sql-with-gdbs/read-sqlserver-versioned-da...

0 Kudos