How to edit the related tables of a service layer using ArcGISFeatureLayer?

Jump to solution
02-15-2016 02:58 PM
YazidyVaca_Barba1
New Contributor

Hello comunity,

I have a webmap hosted on Portal for Arcgis. This webmap has a basemap, a feature service and some related tables.

Reading https://developers.arcgis.com/android/guide/editing.htm, it says that using ArcGISFeatureLayer i would be able to edit those related tables.

So i have been trying to figure out how to do that. I checked the public methods on ArcGISFeatureLayer, the GitHub repo, but i couldnt find an example on how to add new register to a related table.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WillCrick
Occasional Contributor

The guide document you mention above does actually explains this. For related tables, you need to use FeatureLayer and FeatureTables, these are different from the ArcGISFeatureLayer class you get when you open a webmap. Unfortunately the ArcGISFeatureLayer does not support related table editing at this time. You can replace the ArcGISFeatureLayer instances with FeatureLayer/FeatureTable instances in your MapView to achieve this if you want.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WillCrick
Occasional Contributor

The guide document you mention above does actually explains this. For related tables, you need to use FeatureLayer and FeatureTables, these are different from the ArcGISFeatureLayer class you get when you open a webmap. Unfortunately the ArcGISFeatureLayer does not support related table editing at this time. You can replace the ArcGISFeatureLayer instances with FeatureLayer/FeatureTable instances in your MapView to achieve this if you want.

0 Kudos