Authorization Failed!

02-16-2016 07:27 PM
JennyCribbs
New Contributor

I received a code with the 4th edition of Getting to Know ArcGIS for a 180 day trial version of ArcGIS. I have downloaded the software, but somehow accidentally selected "concurrent user" rather than "single user." I managed to change that using ArcGIS Administrator by following directions posted here. I ran the authorization wizard and it said it was successful, but then it reverted to concurrent user and ArcMap would not launch. I re-read the post and ran ArcGIS Administrator as admin and now it is staying with "single user." However, now when I run the authorization wizard with the same code from the email, it says "authoization failed." What do I do now?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You might want to move your content here... ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support

I will flag V Stuart Foote​ and Curtis Price​  since there isn't any specific document on that site but discussion on installation that may match your case.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You may want to check this thread Student Version - ArcGIS Error Message   Which talks about the 180-day authorization too.  see the section

For Esri Press or Campus Agreement trial/evaluation Authorization numbers--each user/student must individually register their Authorization number here:

http://www.esri.com/StudentEdition

--or--

ArcGIS 90 or 180-Day Trial for Your Workbook

Esri Press | GIS Books & Tutorials - Buy Books Online

Once the Authorzation code is activated--the Single Use authorization is exactly the same for trial/evaluation (EVA) or commercial (ESU) Single Use seats.  It is easiest to accomplish when you have a network connection to exchange the https port 443 traffic using the "Authorize now via the internet"

Authorizing ArcGIS single-use products and features—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos
AjitkumarBabar
Occasional Contributor II

What is the availability status?

If possible attach the screenshot.

0 Kudos