ArcGIS Pro Icons

02-12-2016 04:35 AM
HarmBruinsma1
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm an ArcGIS Pro SDK Developer. Before I have developed in ArcObjects in ArcGIS Desktop.

If you install the developer kit of ArcGIS Desktop. You install also the icons which are used in ArcGIS Desktop.

For example, the icons are installed here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\DeveloperKit10.0\Icons

But now i'm developing in ArcGIS Pro. Where can I find the icons which are used in ArcGIS Pro?

I need the Icons because I want to make my icons in the same style as the style of the ArcGIS Pro Icons.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

ArcGIS Pro is a 64 bit software so icons are going to end up in a slightly different Windows folder. A quick look and I found them all but they are distributed across multiple sub-folder and many of them start with a GUID number so utterly incomprehensible!

The easiest way to view them all is open up Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro and then in the search box in top right type *.png and it will list all of them across the multiple sub-folders that they reside in.

Capture.PNG

Why they are not named after what they are e.g. Pan, Zoom, Edit Vertices, etc is odd and not very helpful for us developers.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

and to come full circle on his duplicate post ArcGIS Pro Icons

0 Kudos