"Convert 3D Line to Raster" with ArcHydro

02-09-2016 07:17 AM
Labels (1)
UliSchmidt1
New Contributor

Hello,

working for my bachelor-thesis I have a new problem. I tried to convert my 3D Line from the function "Point TSValue to 3D Line" into a line-raster using "Convert 3D Line to Raster". But I only get a part of the 3D Line as line-raster, the other part of the line is missing in the raster. It's like the function cuts the stream, only converts one part and throw the other away.

A month ago I tried it with other data and everything worked. Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks for help.

Uli Schmidt

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III

First thing I would check would be the processing extent. If it does not cover your work area, results will get cut off.

Set them at : Geoprocessing>Environments>Processing Extent>Choose a dataset that covers your project area.

0 Kudos
UliSchmidt1
New Contributor

I have to start "Convert 3D Line ro Raster" from the Modeller from "Stream WSE from Point WSE Measurements" because it doesn't work if I start it from the ArcHydro Toolbox. But how can I choose the Processing Extent in the Modeller?

0 Kudos
UliSchmidt1
New Contributor

Ah I found it, but it didn't work. I chose the extent of the DEM which covers my work area, but the function converts only the same part as before.

0 Kudos
MarkBoucher

This is a silly question. Sometimes the default color ramp goes from black to white. Maybe it's there but can't see it because it has no color. Have you tried changing the symbology of your new layer?

0 Kudos
UliSchmidt1
New Contributor

Why is this a silly question?  Yes, the default color ramp goes from black to white, but I already had this idea...... I think it was the first I had.  I already changed the color ramp, but there was no difference.

I also used the info tool to look if there are pixel I can't "see" but it says "NoData".

0 Kudos
MarkBoucher

Next thing to check: Make sure the projections are the same on all datasets. If the projection is different or not defined, you can get strange results.

0 Kudos
UliSchmidt1
New Contributor

I checked this before and the DEM had no projection. So I used a version of the DEM that has the right proection, but the result was the same. So this isn't the point.

0 Kudos