Trial installation license expiring - New Student License Issue

02-06-2016 07:30 PM
DenisePeterson1
New Contributor

Greetings all,

I had to use ArcGIS 10.3 until classes started up and I'd get my 1-year student license.  I had a few days left on my 10.3 trial when I uninstalled that version and installed 10.1, which my university uses and supplies a code for.  The installation went alright, except that I still get a message that my license is going to expire in a few days even though I supplied the new code.

Additionally, Arc keeps encountering an error when I attempt to add data.  Looks like there could be an issue with the default geodatabase.  I'm still investigating and could really use some help on these two issues.  I have a lot of work to get done and can't deal with this kind of delay right now.

Thanks in advance.

Denise

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Sounds like the installation wasn't clean.  I will flag V Stuart Foote who is active in installation issues.  In the interim, you might want to look through this space ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support​. 

Sadly, you should have kept your 10.3 running, it can save to 10.1 so you work wouldn't be lost.  There is some help in either documents or blog posts to help do a complete uninstall and profile removal to see if that can rectify the issue...followed by a repair of your installation in case it is corrupt as well

MichaelKowalczyk
New Contributor III

I concur with Dan.  The student code would have worked with ArcGIS 10.3; it is not dependent on the version.

DenisePeterson1
New Contributor

Thank you for your replies. I removed 10.1 completely and reinstalled 10.3 and was able to successfully apply the license. I greatly appreciate your input.

0 Kudos