AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple band composite. How do you know which band is which in composite product?

Question asked by Palebot on Feb 2, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 by Palebot

@I'm returning to a project I began over a year ago. Of course, this means starting from scratch on a few things. I have several VHR satellite images over an area. My ultimate goal is to have them all together, orthocorrected and pansharpened. These latter tasks are relatively easy, but cumbersome. For example, I had to orthosharpen each separate band image and the panchromatic image separately for each coverage given the nature of the rpc file. My next step is to pansharpen them. However, I need to create a composite. As you know, I can create a file that has all the images linked up (i.e., red, green. blue, nir) and select its output based on what I send through the channels. However, here's the issue, and it seems to be a real issue and not just me. Is there a record that tracks which band is which with the composite product? For example, once I create the composite, I have to tell the pansharpen tool which bands to send through the RGB channels. To keep it simply, I'd just assume create a True Color Composite. However, when you create a composite it does not automatically state where the bands are going and where they are. I've been assuming that they become associated with a number based on how they are loaded into the tool? So, if you list the red band first, it will be 1. But I've never actually seen documentation of this.

Outcomes