AnsweredAssumed Answered

"Authorization denied..." error for Student trial of ArcGIS for Desktop

Question asked by jevans675 on Feb 2, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 30, 2019 by simonesp

How do I get my  Student trial of ArcGIS for Desktop authorized??

I am trying to install and authorize Version 10.3.1 - ArcGIS for Desktop Student Trial on my Windows 10 64bit machine.

I received an authorization code from my GIS instructor and followed the instructions given for downloading/installing the files and authorizing with the code. I thought I made an error in the download steps when the results I got didn't match the instructions, so I redid a couple of steps. Also, the first time through I incorrectly selected "I have authorization numbers to authorize one or more extensions" when I should have selected "I do not want to authorize any extensions at this time."

The files are installed, but when I click on ArcMap, I get the error:

license.jpg

When I run the administrator, using the first option, I get this error: "Authorization denied because request would have exceeded max copies for the following authorization number(s): (EVAxxxxxxxxx)". I don't have a file from ESRI as required for the third option.

License info in the administrator window:

License Manager Environment Variable Information

ARCGIS_LICENSE_FILE: N/A

LM_LICENSE_FILE: N/A

I have no idea what to do to get authorized. Uninstall then deauthorize? Deauthorize then uninstall? Something else?

I looked through other posts around this issue, but didn't find my situation described. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Outcomes