Where can I find maps of Globe natural hazards?

02-02-2016 07:24 AM
RamiroTrujillo
New Contributor II

I am looking for Eartquakes, Tropical storm, Flood, Hail, Lightning strokes, Strom surge, Tornado, Cyclone, Tsunami, Volcanoes and Wildfire.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

There are a variety of data sets out there that could be used.  A starting point to find some of them is to use the "Add Data from ArcGIS Online" function in ArcMap.  Type in a search term(s) and start browsing the datasets.

earthquakes.jpg

Chris Donohue, GISP

RamiroTrujillo
New Contributor II

Chris,

I already did that. I could not find a map with those topics and a legend with zones. Thank you.

Ramiro

0 Kudos
RamiroTrujillo
New Contributor II

Chris,

I already did that. I could not find a map with those topics and a legend with zones. Thank you.

Ramiro

0 Kudos
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

Can you elaborate on that?

To confirm, were you able to get to ArcGIS online?  Or were you unable to find data once in ArcGIS online from the search window?

In case it helps, here's another image on how to get to ArcGIS Online while in ArcMap.  IMPORTANT point / easily missed - be sure to click on the "triangle" next to the "plus sign", not the "plus sign".  By clicking on the "triangle" the pull-down will be available that will then allow choosing ArcGIS online.

argis_online_triangle.jpg

arcgisonline.jpg

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
RamiroTrujillo
New Contributor II

Chris,

Yes, I know how to get on the ArcGIS online to get data. It’s just not providing what I am looking for. I need a Global Natural Hazards for Earthquake, Tropical storm, Flood, Hail, Lightning, Storm surge, Tornado, Cyclone, Tsunami, Volcanoes, & Wildfire. I found a NOAA & a Department of the Interior map but it only show dots. I need it in a zone type of format. Thank you.

Ramiro

0 Kudos