eSearch Widget naming config.

Jump to solution
02-01-2016 02:24 PM
RudoDuncan
New Contributor II

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

I copied your esearch widget folder and changed the config.json to the one that I have downloaded from my web application. My widget folder name is cfsSearch. I changed some things in the setting.js, manifest.json and Widget.js (anything that had esearch in the name, I've changed to cfssearch, based off of baseClass: 'widget-cfssearch').

When I try to add the widget, it's bringing up a duplicate one and is giving me the following error. Can you shed some light on this please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rudo,

If you change the widgets baseClass then you will have to re-name every instance of eSearch in both css files (style.css) the main one in the widget css folder and the other in the settings/css folder. Using cfsSearch will be fine in your files as long as you replace all the eSearch instances in all .js and .html files as I mentioned earlier.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rudo,

You will find that "widgets/eSearch/..." is hard coded in several .html files in the widgets settings folder as well. Just keep searching each files in the widgets folder structure for "eSearch".

0 Kudos
RudoDuncan
New Contributor II

Is my folder name and baseclass names correct? Am I suppose to make anything a lower case versus upper case in the names? It's weird because I changed only the main files in my widget folder earlier today and it worked. However, I when I refreshed my application it didn't work. I've had trouble ever since.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rudo,

If you change the widgets baseClass then you will have to re-name every instance of eSearch in both css files (style.css) the main one in the widget css folder and the other in the settings/css folder. Using cfsSearch will be fine in your files as long as you replace all the eSearch instances in all .js and .html files as I mentioned earlier.