Arcgis online prompts me to sign in while I already did.

01-31-2016 07:41 PM
EgiGundari
New Contributor

Hi.

I am not sure if this is right place to ask the question, but please point me right direction if it is not.This is my first time in arcgis world.

I have strange behavior on my ArcGis Online. It prompts me to sign in while I already did. It happens once per page load when i click the maps symbology.

2016-01-15_103223.jpg

I don't have any clue. what could be the issue ?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

While signing in for the first time, try keeping this option checked.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Think Location
0 Kudos
EgiGundari
New Contributor

Hi, Jayanta. Thank You. Tried it, the issue still persists.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Egi,

As Rebecca stated, this appears to be a secure ArcGIS Server service.  Take a look at the below link:

ArcGIS Server web services—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

When you add a secure ArcGIS Server service that is exposed externally as an item in ArcGIS Online, you choose whether or not to have the credentials stored with the service item. If the credentials are not stored, ArcGIS Online will prompt you for the credentials every time you access the service. If the credentials are stored with the service item, you won't be prompted.

You can add this service as an item to your ArcGIS Online Organization with the option to store credentials.  You will then not be prompted when accessing this service.

Add items—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

on the related question... this locations is for help about GeoNet the community structure is here

GeoNet Community Structure

You can move your question here ArcGIS Online

to ensure it gets fuller overage should Jayanta's suggestion not work for you

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Any change the that is this a secure service from your ArcGIS Server?  If from Server, you may need to setup a proxy or access the service in another way.  If ArcGIS Online service, is it public, or do you have access with the same name as you are logged on?  I've found that just becase you are the AGOL administrator does not automatically give you access to items created by other and/or not shared with you.  In otherwords, check all you permissions.