TileMapService Layer of EsriRuntimeQt

01-27-2016 04:14 AM
ChristianEhrlicher
New Contributor II

Hi,

Since the Qt Runtime SDK does not provide access to a simple TMS server (e.g. provided by GeoServer), I had to write one by my own. The implementation works for me with GeoServer 2.8 and a UTM 32N projection (EPSG:32632). Maybe it can help others to work around the lack of a implementation from esri...

There are some issues/workarounds:

- despite the documentation, TiledMapServiceLayer::initialize() is not called asynchronous and also can't make it's initialization asynchronous

- The TileInfo class lacks some getters/setters for the image format and spatial reference, it has to be set via json It also has no toJSon() function

- Since the y-axis in tms is mirrored (coordinate system starts bottom left, not upper left), the column needs to be adjusted. For this I have to calculate the column count for each lod. But I have to multiply my calculated column count with the magic number '4' - if someone knows why please let me know

I've attached the files - feel free to comment or make additions

Greetings,

Christian Ehrlicher

2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

A couple of things:

• Can you try using the setDefaultSpatialReference setter on Layer baseclass? It seems to be missing from the doc, but you will see it as a protected member in the public header. Maybe that would work for setting your spatial ref.
  • For setting image format, you may not need to set this. What happens if you just don't set this?
  • Initialize should be async. Instead of overriding it, can you just call initialize once you've parsed the XML? This should be async and also execute very quickly.

-Luke

ChristianEhrlicher
New Contributor II

Hi,

thx for your suggestions.

• not setting TileInfo::format and TileInfo::spatialRefernce does work as long as Layer::setDefaultSpatialRefernce is called.It would still be nice to complete the TileInfo api
  • TiledMapServiceLayer::initialize() is called as soon as I call Map::addLayer().call stack:
    • Map::add_layer(EsriRuntimeQt::Layer*)
    • Map_impl::add_layer(EsriRuntimeQt::Layer*)
    • Map_impl::internal_add_layer_(EsriRuntimeQt::Layer*)
  • When I do not overwrite initialize() and call initialize() after the xml was parsed, I get an error (Layer already initialized) - so it looks like initialize() must be intercepted until the xml is available
  • When I overwrite initialize() to call call the base class impl it seems to work - I thought I checked this yesterday and it did not work... strange but this would be a correct async operation then
  • Why do we need TiledMapServiceLayer::setUrl() then? Calling initialize() two times does not work so I think using another url will not work either... at least it should not work as soon as the layer is initialized.

I've attached the current version, please have a look

0 Kudos