Cost to join community maps

Jump to solution
01-26-2016 08:52 AM
AliciaShyu_Love
New Contributor II

I'm trying to find out if there are any fees/cost associated to joining community maps. If I could get a break down of the fees/cost, that would be great!

Thanks,

Alicia

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TamaraGrant
Occasional Contributor II

Alicia,

The Community Maps Program is a free program, where organizations that maintain basemap layers can have those layers published as part of our ArcGIS Online basemaps. Not only does this improve the quality of the maps, but it also provides the users and their stakeholders with a free, high performance, always available online map of their area of interest, which they can then use as the foundation for useful applications.

The first step in the Community Maps Program is to identify the layers that you can contribute to the program. Do you have large scale data layers such as those listed here?

Then you will apply to become a contributor through the Community Maps Contributor App. You’ll need an ArcGIS Online organization account to apply. You will only need to complete this step once.You will be notified when your application is approved.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to working with you!

Thank you,

Tamara Yoder

Tamara Yoder | Training and Support Coordinator | Living Atlas of the World & Community Maps Program

Esri | 380 New York Street | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA

Work 909-793-2853, ext. 5028 | Cell 814-442-0579 | tyoder@esri.com | esri.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TamaraGrant
Occasional Contributor II

Alicia,

The Community Maps Program is a free program, where organizations that maintain basemap layers can have those layers published as part of our ArcGIS Online basemaps. Not only does this improve the quality of the maps, but it also provides the users and their stakeholders with a free, high performance, always available online map of their area of interest, which they can then use as the foundation for useful applications.

The first step in the Community Maps Program is to identify the layers that you can contribute to the program. Do you have large scale data layers such as those listed here?

Then you will apply to become a contributor through the Community Maps Contributor App. You’ll need an ArcGIS Online organization account to apply. You will only need to complete this step once.You will be notified when your application is approved.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to working with you!

Thank you,

Tamara Yoder

Tamara Yoder | Training and Support Coordinator | Living Atlas of the World & Community Maps Program

Esri | 380 New York Street | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA

Work 909-793-2853, ext. 5028 | Cell 814-442-0579 | tyoder@esri.com | esri.com

0 Kudos